Monday, January 18, 2016

I wonder what my love of the sky says about me as a person?
The way I stay inside all day,
yet dream of the sun and the moon.
How nothing makes me more happy than looking at the stars,
and no matter how bad I feel, the sunset always calms me.
My mood goes up and down according to the colour of the sky.
When it's bright, I'm bright.
When it's dark, I'm dark.
Rainbows are my magic,
and shooting stars are my wishes.
Even when everything is going wrong,
I remember that the sky isn't always perfect either.
It, like I, changes throughout time.
Sometimes it shows the sunshine for the majority of the day,
sometimes it doesn't let the sun out at all.
Clouds and rain rule the day,
yet the sun will always come back.
Whenever I'm upset, or confused, or lack understanding of the world,
I look up at the sky.
Even if I don't have all the answers or things aren't going right,
the sky is always there for me.
Looking up at its beauty,
it assures me inside that everything will be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment