Friday, February 12, 2016

Why I'm Not Celebrating My Birthday

My 19th birthday will be the first time I will not be celebrating my birthday. The only thing I'm doing is going out to lunch with my parents and older brother. Basically, it's the first year I won't be having a birthday party or meeting up with friends.

You may wonder why after eighteen consecutive years of birthday parties I suddenly decide to stop doing it? Well, to be honest, it's pointless. Throughout the years my birthday has gotten less and less fun. Last year I only went out to dinner with my friends because I felt like I had to do something. It was nice to hang out with them but it wasn't fun the way my birthday was when I was a kid.

Another reason why I'm not doing anything is because I'm unable to do the one thing I really want to do. I become of drinking age this year which means I'm finally allowed to go to clubs. The problem is I can't go to a club on my birthday. Why? I'm the oldest one out of all of my friends. So even though I'm old enough to go, I have no one to go with me. Clubbing is really the only thing I want to do when I turn nineteen so instead of doing something else while I'm constantly wishing I was out clubbing, I'd rather just do nothing.

Although nineteen is somewhat a milestone birthday, I really don't feel like celebrating. This doesn't mean I won't stop celebrating birthdays altogether but just that I don't want to celebrate this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment